In 1931, Gottlieb Krautli started his endeavour of selling car parts in Belgium. 10 years later, he established the business in Switzerland as well. In 1990, José Novais Pires started representing and distributing VDO tachographs in Portugal and then partnered with Markus Krautli, Gottlieb’s son, establishing KRAUTLI PORTUGAL LDA.
Today, KRAUTLI PORTUGAL is a key operator in the Portuguese market. We are one of the 15 largest companies of the independent automotive aftermarket in Portugal, with more than 1.500 customers situated throughout the country. With headquarters in Póvoa de Santa Iria, Lisbon and a logistic operation in Maia, Oporto, we have more than 6.500m2 of warehousing area with a broad portfolio to cover the market needs – over 170.000 SKUs (50.000 in-stock) of more than 80 premium brands, the large majority from suppliers of vehicle manufacturers.